Telangana ePass Scholarship The Since its formation during the UPA government at the center led by the Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh; Telangana has climbed the ladders of multi-dimensional growth and development through various schemes launched for the upliftment of the poor and needy people in the state. In the attempt to reach the corporate education to the economically backward classes of the society, the Government of Telangana has launched epass scholarship scheme.
The students from SC/ST/BC/OBC & DW categories can get benefitted from the scholarship that reimburses the tuition fees for the eligible students in different pre-matric and post-matric educational courses at the reputed institutions.
Telangana ePass Scholarship lists Pre-matric and Post-Matric:
The eligible students can avail scholarship every year for pre-matric schooling at the recommended institutions included in the list. Similarly, the program also covers professional courses such as engineering, medical, dental, law and charted accountancy; along with formal undergraduate and postgraduate courses in arts, commerce, and science as well.
The motive behind this scholarship scheme is to avail the opportunity for higher education to the economically weaker class in society that cannot afford professional corporate education. Thus thousands of students studying in hundreds of institutes take benefit of the scholarship program and build their careers to support their families in the future.
Eligibility for the Telangana ePass Scholarship:
- The Telangana epass scholarship scheme is for the SC/ST students whose parental annual income would be less than Rupees two lakhs per annum.
- Similarly, BC & EBC students with parental income of less than one lakh per annum can also apply for the scholarship.
- All the applicants should possess more than 75% of attendance in the subsequent courses they are studying in. This clause is included to ensure that the scholarship is granted to the deserving students that are interested to learn and grow as a responsible citizen of the country.
The students eligible for the scholarship program need to gather all the required documentary evidence regarding their caste, family income, bank account details for the direct electronic transfer of the scholarship amount and documents regarding their previous results and ongoing study in the subsequent institution.
Documents to upload:
The applicants are asked to upload all the documents along with the online application for easy reference and scrutiny by the subsequent departments. There would not be any office setup, officer-in-charge or any other person that needs to be contacted in person for granting of this scholarship. The students need to apply through online only.
This regulation helps to eliminate the chances of corruption in the process and also adds transparency to the complete procedure of scrutiny of the applications and allotment of subsequent scholarships directly into the accounts of the deserving students.
Documents needed to apply:
The interested eligible students need to upload the scanned copies of the following documents along with their online applications:
- Latest passport size photograph of the applicant
- Aadhaar Card of the student
- Caste certificate issued by the concerned authority to ensure the category to which the student belongs to
- Income certificate considering all the sources of income of the parental income of the student per annum.
- The first page of the student’s bank account passbook; including all the details clearly visible such as the complete name of the student; account number; IFSC code for electronic transfer; name and branch address of the subsequent bank.
- Study/ Bonafide Certificate for last seven consecutive years of his or her study from the subsequent head of the institution with seal and sign.
Who are not eligible to apply for Telangana ePass Scholarship:
As the Telangana epass scholarship scheme is targeted at the economically weaker sections of the society; following categories of students are not eligible to get the benefits of the scheme:
- Students other than SC/ST/ EBC/DW categories need not apply.
- SC/ST students with household family income of more than Rs. Two lakhs per annum are not eligible for this scholarship scheme.
- EBC/BC students with household family income of more than Rs. One lakh per annum also cannot apply for the Telangana pass scheme.
How to apply for a fresh scholarship?
The students eligible to get the scholarship to need to log on to the official website www.telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in. This website provides complete insight regarding the scholarship scheme. The eligible candidates require following step by step instructions to apply for the TS epass scheme.
After completing the application process filling in all the details such as the date of birth, year of passing SSLC exam, SSLC register number, present educational institution and course details and so on; the eligible candidates need to upload the required documents along with the online application. As the application is approved and the subsequent student gets the scholarship deposited to the bank account; for the next years of the academic education, the student needs to apply for renewal of the scholarship as well.
The eligible students are supposed to apply online for post-matric scholarships until the third week of October 2018 starting from the first week of October. Fresh registrations for Telangana epass scheme can be completed till October last week 2018.
The applications must be submitted within one month from the date of admission for the subsequent courses for which scholarship is applied for and the courses need to be conducted in the educational institutions included in the list of eligible colleges for this scheme.